As National Apprentice Week unfolds, Estilo Interiors proudly underscores our dedication to nurturing talent within the UK construction sector. Our commitment to apprentices at Estilo Interiors serves as the bedrock of our workforce development strategy. This year, we’re delighted to spotlight the journeys of two exceptional individuals: Taylor Reynolds and Dylan Thomas.
- Taylor Reynolds: Taylor is embarking on a project management degree apprenticeship in partnership with Aston University. Throughout her apprenticeship, Taylor will partake in secondments across all facets of Estilo Interiors. These rotations provide invaluable hands-on experience in various departments, ensuring Taylor develops a well-rounded understanding of our business operations.
- Dylan Thomas: Recently completing his electrical apprenticeship, Dylan has made a lasting impact on our company. His dedication and expertise have been instrumental in the success of several prominent projects, including the refurbishment of The Billiards Building for Grosvenor. Dylan’s journey exemplifies the opportunities for growth and advancement within Estilo Interiors.
At Estilo Interiors, we remain steadfast in our commitment to fostering talent and investing in the future of the construction industry. Through apprenticeships, we not only provide individuals like Taylor and Dylan with invaluable learning experiences but also contribute to building a skilled workforce for tomorrow’s challenges.
As we celebrate National Apprentice Week, let’s recognise the pivotal role apprenticeships play in shaping the future of the UK construction sector. Apprenticeships are more than just a career pathway; they are the cornerstone of our industry’s success, offering individuals the opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute to our vibrant community.
- Apprenticeship Starts: Each year, thousands of individuals embark on apprenticeships within the construction sector. In 2022/23 alone, there were 13,900 apprenticeship starts, highlighting the continued popularity of apprenticeship programs as a preferred route to gaining skills and experience .
- Popularity of Apprenticeships: Apprenticeships have gained popularity due to their hands-on approach to learning and the opportunity they offer to earn while you learn. With a blend of practical experience and classroom-based learning, apprenticeships provide a well-rounded education that prepares individuals for successful careers in construction .
- Industry Growth and Skills Development: The UK construction sector continues to evolve, driving demand for skilled workers across various trades. Apprenticeships play a crucial role in meeting this demand by equipping individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to thrive in the industry .
- Diverse Opportunities: Apprenticeships in construction are diverse, catering to a wide range of roles and specialisations, from carpentry and plumbing to project management and quantity surveying. This diversity ensures that individuals can find apprenticeships tailored to their interests and career aspirations.
Join us in celebrating our apprentices at Estilo Interiors as National Apprentice Week and the bright futures ahead for our apprentices!